Sunday 14 February 2021

Yet Another Rock Goddess: "I Love Rock'n'Roll Put Another Dime In The Jukebox Baby".

Continuing with my favourite women nay Rock Goddesses of Rock.  Today it's another former member of The Runaways: Joan Jett.  

She is one Lady of Rock that gives the audience full on in your face Heavy Rock.  I love the high scream/ screech of her guitar too.

Probably her biggest hit was "I Love Rock'n'Roll.."  It's a cover of the Arrows hit.  They were a London based band in the Seventies and they had their own television show.  Apparently Joan was in England and she watched them playing the track on her television set and she loved it.  

Sadly Arrows bassist and lead singer Alan Merrill passed away from Covid last March.  

In 1982  Joan recorded the song and made this video in monochrome or black and white even.  I was about 19 at the time and I remember singing along to the song on the pub jukebox and me and my mate turned our pool cues into imaginary electric guitars.  Happy days when you could listen to a song on a pub jukebox and have a gargle of some good Northern bitter with your pals.  

Enjoy Joan.  She Rocks.










8 comments:

  1. Joan Jett's real name is Joan Larkin. She is now 62 years old. I wonder if she was the love child of the poet Philip Larkin? It's possible you know. Larkin died in 1985 and Joan was born in 1958. Mind you Philip Larkin loved jazz - not rock and roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is the daughter of an insurance salesman and a secretary and was borne in Wynnewood Pennsylvania, in the southeastern part of the state near Philadelphia.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info Debby. I love American Rock bands. They are so confident and get the audience on their feet.

      Delete
  2. Maybe YP. There is a Rock genre called Jazz Fusion. I think Soft Machine are probably the Progressive Rock band I have seen with most Jazz influences. I wouldn't mind going to a Jazz concert. I wouldn't mind seeing any live music, full stop. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks a bit like Chrissie Hynde there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes very Pretenders JayCee. All my Rock heroes are getting old like myself. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think so. Some heroes live for ever YP.

    ReplyDelete

Onion Set Planting.

I still managed to plant up two of the new planters/raised beds with onion sets in the rain yesterday. Notice the white root sock in the com...