Thursday 15 June 2023

It Sure Is A: "Crazy World".

 If you put Aslan in my blog search ("please do!") you will see a blog post of when we went to see Aslan in 2018. Unbelievably here in West Cork.  There's chance of Kansas playing Drimoleague yet.  

Sadly. This Tuesday Aslan front man Chris Dignam passed away after a long fight against a form of cancer.  

He was so humble and down to earth and yet a star performer and himself and his bands versions of John Lennons Working Class Hero, Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here, The Rolling Stones Angie and The Fureys Green Fields Of France are absolute classics and well worth watching and listening to on good old You Tube tonight.

He was a very talented singer and I never known why Aslan weren't world headliners like Thin Lizzy and U2.  Both bands whom  I have seen and I would put Aslan up there with them in terms of talent.

Even Liam Gallagher (former Oasis) says he and his girlfriend have a drink or ten and get out the guitar and  sing Aslan's "Crazy World".

Aslan were named after the C S Lewis literary lion character from Narnia. 

 I love CS Lewis who passed away on the same day JF Kennedy was assassinated.  Did you know Aslan was the Lion of Judah which is another name for Jesus? 

Please  put Oxford in my blog search if you want to see when I visited there and where Tolkein and C S Lewis met with the Inklings.

I feel privileged to have seen Aslan and it was a great and memorable concert here in rural West Cork.   

Here's Crazy World.  Enjoy:



"It's alright" Christy.  RIP.

10 comments:

  1. I had never heard of Asian. I have learned a lot from this post and now I can also say that I can remember exactly where I was when C.S. Lewis died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Dublin band Tom from the North Side. CS Lewis died a month before I was born. Great man and writer. Aslan were excellent when we saw them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aldous Huxley also died the same day. I don't know whether Huxley and Lewis's paths crossed at Oxford but I don't think they would have got along if they did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Between Heaven And Hell looks a good read Rachel. Huxley, Kennedy and Lewis meet in Purgatory fifty years after their deaths. They all died on the same day. You sent me down a great rabbit hole there Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would speak and understand each other without necessarily agreeing.

      Delete
    2. There are videos on YouTube showing their excellent dialogue from the book Rachel. So many of our heroes that inspire us are no longer with us. I agree with you they were fabulous people.

      Delete
  5. I have never listened to an Aslan song before Dave. I enjoyed it - melodic and well-crafted. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a listen to: This Is, YP. It's another hit of theirs. A great band.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't know that about Aslan Dave - just thought he was a big (and very special cat). xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete

Nets And Net Curtains To Keep The Birds 🐦 Off My Vegetables.

 The pests of the air had a good aerial attack of some of my brassicas in my plastic raised beds on Friday. So it was all hands on deck and ...