Monday 26 June 2023

Polytunnel Swede Bed.

 Did you see them on the 'Organic' stage at Glastonbury?  They were acoustic, wore sandals and cycled from Scunthorpe to play.

Did you watch Glastonbury on the beeb?  I went in 1989 and the music was a lot better then.  All about Eve in particular and it only cost me 28 quid for the pleasure and no sleep for 4 nights.  Happy days but not happy nights!  Any tales about Glastonbury?  I have a few funny ones!


Swedes growinga bit erratically due to the flickers devouring some of them.  That's why I adopted my plastic bottles and jam jar (thanks JayCee) method to the indoor polytunnel raised beds.

Once again I half filled the raised beds with freshish stable manure and raked and few inches of soil over them and planted our Brassicas that we grew from seed which we purchased at our German garden centre and beer providers and supermarket recently.

I thought I heard the Swedes singing : " I'm doin' fine now" by The Pasadenas.

Are yours neeps and tatties growing well?






11 comments:

  1. Our tatties are a bit slow. Loads of foliage but no flowers yet.
    The jam jar idea came from P's dad who used them for his strawberries back in the Dark Ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have,a North (northsider) facing garden Jaycee. Keep watering them and they will form tubers and flowers. Good on P''s dad for his jam jar tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched the Cat Stevens/Yusuf concert and felt VERY nostalgic. (Pyramid stage Sunday) It was lovely. He has a great voice at 74.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat Stevens 👍. Not a fan of organised religion apart but still tribally Anglican and love visiting old graveyards and churches. Debby Harry rocked it for me and Rick Astley and Blossoms.I

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least the flickers left plenty for you. Glastonbury is a bit too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes River you always plant enough for them and ourselves. I much prefer watching Glastonbury from afar on the television than being there these days. I still go to some Rock festivals though. There's a lot to be said for booking some accommodation than sleeping in a tent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are yours neeps and tatties growing well? As I am in Sicily I have no idea what is happening on our veg plot - I just hope there has been some rain.



    ReplyDelete
  8. According to the BBC weather site. Sheffield is getting light showers today YP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to love swedes. Probably still do but there are none here. Haven't tasted them in years.
    Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're great when you pick them about tennis ball size. We'll worth growing from seed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Swedes indoors! We thought they were tough blighters that thrive on cold and outdoor challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Nets And Net Curtains To Keep The Birds 🐦 Off My Vegetables.

 The pests of the air had a good aerial attack of some of my brassicas in my plastic raised beds on Friday. So it was all hands on deck and ...