Tuesday 12 September 2023

More Eclectic Car Boot Sales Finds. Maybe Japanese Art Treasure?

We went carbooting the other Sunday.  Not selling but buying.

I love looking for bargains and I always walk round the cars boot stalls at least 3 times.  You always miss something or something catches ones eye.  

Here's some of the treasure we purchased:

James Herriot collection egg cups.
Shot glasses from London. I like a night cap, especially if I am camping on one of my roughing  it trips like recently.
Wedgewood trinket dish.
Another cottage teapots from the nineteen forties.  I only paid 5 Euros for that and I will sell it at a profit some time.
Hardwood African warrior figures.
Unusual Japanese lady in silk Kimono next to lake.  It looks like it's been drawn in pencil and coloured in plus it's signed by Yukky Fuzi I think. 
The artists signature.
 Any one got any ideas?  I bet Rachel will have some idea of who it is?  I only paid 5 Euros for it.  

German Shepherd fire screen.  Our Heidi thinks it her.

I also bought an hoe with a blade attachment and a ridger for potatoes and yet another pair of loppers.

Have you been to any good carboot sales lately?


12 comments:

  1. You have a some good finds there Dave. I have no idea about the signature on the Kimono picture but I like the drawing. I like the firescreen dog too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must know if it's quality of drawing Rachel? Thanks for trying to help me.

      Delete
  2. I wish, as you know I loved my car boots. Nice treasures you've found there. Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deep sigh Briony. I would love to go carbooting with you. I love the sales and the people you meet.

      Delete
  3. What variety. A little bit of everything. No sales of any sort here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Start one Linda. Trash or treasure sales.Tenner a pitch?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find treasure at your car boot sales. Was it at the end of a rainbow by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm ... The luck of the Irish and I felt it in my water. I only buy what I like. Yeah JayCee your probably right. What's happened to my pal YP?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think we have carboot sales here anymore. I think everyone gets a stall at the Farmers Market instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're massive especially in England River. They were one thing I really missed during lockdown. It's great to get up on a Sunday and have somewhere to go to. Even make some cash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is a big car boot sale at Ayr Racecourse every Sunday...must try that soon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Googled Ayr Racecourse carboot sale GZ. It looks a good one. They are great places for gardening tools...

    ReplyDelete

What's Growing Outside In The Veg Plot.

 I said the other day I would take some shots of what's growing outside in the veg plot at the moment. Bim potatoes.  I thought the tube...