Friday 20 September 2024

Dog Legged Raised Bed Number 23.

Yeah you're right.  Another great name for a Prog band.

I made another raised bed the other morning.

I rescued some old decking planks from under some overgrown nettles.  They now reside in "Scruffy Corner".  Where I dump vegetation to decompose.

Then I made a rectangle with a triangle end.  Yes it's not perfectly square more of a dog leg like a fairway on a golf course, but its the raised bed function rather than being aesthetically pleasing on the eye.  

The pointy shaped raised bed.

I used no nails or screws and sledge hammered kitchen drawer metal sides and timber plank off cuts to hold the sides in place.

Fortunately the new raised bed is next to a big pile of well rotten fym that I keep digging out to top the raised beds in the veg plot and polytunnel.

So it did not take me long to dig and fork and fill up my new raised bed that I made for free or "nowt" or "nuffink" even!

All ready to plant up.

What are you going to plant in September?

I always buy and plant Japanese or Winter onions at this time of year.  I also plant garlic bulbs and see if I can source some Spring cabbage plants.  

I could also sow spinach and more lettuce in the polytunnel.  I might have look for some broad beans to plant now in the tunnel and outside in the raised beds.  

Are you sowing and planting any vegetables?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Legged Raised Bed Number 23.

Yeah you're right.  Another great name for a Prog band. I made another raised bed the other morning. I rescued some old decking planks f...