Wednesday 4 September 2024

On To A New Day Festival. Blog Number 2000.

 We got to Mount Ephraim Gardens near Faversham near Canterbury in Kent on the Thursday.  

It was my third visit to this intimate Prog and Heavy Rock festival in the Garden of England.

Its a beautiful setting and a small festival of just 5000 revellers and two stages is just the ticket after Cropredy and camping and travelling about in England. 

We arrived on a very windy evening and pitched our two tents next to a cluster of trees on the side of the cricket pitch.  It was like being on a ship at sea in a storm and was very windy and the rained lashed it down that night.

Our tents survived the relentless weather and the next two days and nights weather was very calm and pleasant.

We only went for 2 days and 3 nights of the 3 day festival.  I really enjoyed Curved Air, Tangerine Dream and finally got to see Dave Brock's Hawkwind.  He is 82 and still space rocking away.  They didn't disappoint.

Here's some photos:


A Peruvian Prog band.
Tangerine Dream.  Brilliant instrumental electronic prog band.  It was like being with 5000 people yet on your own.  Play "Love On A Real Train" if you want a musical experience. 
When in England.  I sampled many ciders too.


In front of the mixing desk
Curved Air.
Curved Air.
Curved Air.
Homeless in Canterbury.  I also saw a tent village on Park Lane in London across from the Hilton.  Perhaps they will put the makeshift campsite on the Monopoly board? It must be worth a lot of money? I also met homeless people and saw their tents pitched in graveyards in Oxford. 

J sent me this picture of a babies cardigan she knitted while I was away in Blighty.  It's knitting season again.  Flipping heck!


10 comments:

  1. Curved Air and Tangerine Dream bring back many good memories for me. What a line up you saw at that little festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are still excellent Rachel. The Japanese lady with the violin in Tangerine Dream was mesmerizing A lot of the punters are over fifty but there are younger people. It's one of my favourite music festivals. I even found a cheap food stall again selling chips for 3.50. Myself and my friend kept going down a country lane to a local Asian off licence for food and beverages. I bought a big bottle of strong cider called Frosty Jack for 5.95. Apparently it's the only cider that's never seen an apple! It certainly did the job. Thanks Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like that was the best so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great festival GZ. I love Kent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dare I say it: blast from the past?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job by Mrs Northsider on the baby's cardigan. I could read something into that but it is sometimes unwise to jump to conclusions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. I will pass on your compliment YP. She gives them away to new mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great concert. I like being at the smaller ones (blues and jazz for me). There are a few buildings in central London that have disused covered walkways like that which have become tent villages and mercifully seem to be largely left alone. There was one near where I worked but it was up some stairs where two buildings were joined across a busy highway so they weren't seen by most, and were off on a balcony thing to one side of the 'bridge'. All very clean and tidy. Harming no one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a fantastic festival in the Kent Hop fields and the grounds of Mount Ephraim House and Gardens TM.

    I see so many homeless people on my travels. I only saw an odd tramp when I was young. Now there seems to be people of all ages and gender with no roof over their heads. It's very sad.

    ReplyDelete

The Repurposed Plastic Allotment.

 The next two posts are about repurposing  plastic in the veg plot. Regular readers have seen some of my plastic raised beds before.  Plasti...