Wednesday 16 November 2022

B Is For Blue Oyster Cult.

Continuing with my A to Zed or Zee of Rock bands I like and some I have been lucky enough to see play live.  Sorry I never mentioned  Black Sabbath or Barclay James  Harvest...

BOC were formed in New York in around 1967.  They have also used the band title Soft White Underbelly which they sometimes still use when they wish to play small intimate venues.

I was lucky enough to see them at Manchester Apollo in 1989 or was it 88?  It was on the Imaginos tour me thinks.

What an amazing Hard Rock band. Watching them play songs like 'Godzilla', 'Joan Crawford' and 'Hot Rails To Hell' had me transfixed.  It was a brilliant concert by a brilliant band.

You will probably know their most famous track: "Don't Fear The Reaper". It's supposed to be about drugs and being young and not fearing anything, even death.  

Like President Roosevelt once said: " There is nothing to fear but fear itself".  I think it's even on the soundtrack to the film "Helloween".

This track reached number 12 in the American Billboard charts and they have sold 25 million records or more.  I would be happy to be famous in Iceland or even Asda.  😀Enjoy.




12 comments:

  1. Oh, but you are famous in blogland!!!! You just cannot hear all the cheering from your fans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are all the other blog writers Debby. Did you ever get to see BOC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are quite famous in the German beer and garden emporium.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This give us free food and offers through their super savers app but they don't pay me for mentioning them JayCee. I like The Scorpions and they're German. Heavy Rock is very big in 🇩🇪.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They've been around a long time Dave. I see they're on at Newark (England) in August next year. Do you think you will come over for it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you read my mind Rachel? Yep. DH Lawrence tour. Maybe a trip again to Nottingham Forest. One of my favourite teams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great number Dave. Skilfully constructed. I enjoyed listening to it again. Looking forward to "C".... The Clash or The Carpenters?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you like like it YP. No London Calling or Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft. Both good choices. C will be an Irish Prog Folk band that I have seen 5 times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't Fear the Reaper has got to be one of the all-time classic rock tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely Will. Up there with More Than A Feeling and Stairway To Heaven to name just a few.

    ReplyDelete

Bank Holiday Carboot Antiques Hunt.

 It's a Bank Holiday here in Ireland giving everyone a day off after Saint Patrick's Day. The weather forecast was not good but we s...