Wednesday 2 November 2022

More Car boot Sale Clutter Or Not?

 We went to a carboot sale on Sunday morning.  It was almost a wash out with the relentless rain we're having at the moment.

The car boot sale organiser didn't even charge us our one Euros admission each. 

 There were about twenty or so brave souls selling stuff like clothes, vegetables, hens, ducks, tools, work wear and bric a brac...

We noticed from a far a pot lady duck resembling Jemima Puddleduck  looking at us with puppy dog like eyes saying: "Take me home, please!"




We walked over to the table and asked the seller what he wanted for Mrs Duck?

"She's an egg holder.  You lift her head off and put your eggs in her.  I paid ten Euros for her but ye can have her for five Euros"

We didn't haggle and handed over our five Euros note.  She was ours!

I think we will all have webbed feet if this rain and wind keeps up. 😊

12 comments:

  1. Jemima looks very cute.
    Have you got the gales and thunderstorms today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JayCee. It's wet and windy and suppose to brighten up for a couple of hours this afternoon. No thunderstorms thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your duck but did the seller's nose grow longer when he told you he paid ten euros for it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its quite big YP. Approximately 30cms high or 12 inches in old gas slot meters. I don't think he was called Pinocchio. Is it wise to put all your eggs in one basket or even egg holder?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do love Jemima. I have a Jemima too but her head doesn't come off. She just sits there looking at me. I also have three of her children. Happy pottery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you like Jemima LA. Another piece of pottery to go with the ever growing collection. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jemima is a gem! I love Beatrix Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't she just? Have you seen Peter Rabbit on Netflix?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have, but the version that I love is the animated 'the World of Peter Rabbit and Friends. Miriam Stockley's 'A Perfect Day' always makes me cry. I remember holding my grandson and wanting nothing more than to give him perfect days forever. I couldn't but now he is 11.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just watched a trailer of it on YouTube. Its magical. Beatrix Potter was a literary genius and artist. I can write but I can't paint or draw. Sounds wonderful to share perfect days with your grandson Debby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. But will you actually keep eggs inside? and would duck eggs fit anyway? BTW do you have ducks (that lay eggs rather than hold them)?

    ReplyDelete
  12. No we won't Tigger. We do have real Hens and Ducks and other livestock and pets like you.

    ReplyDelete

Bank Holiday Carboot Antiques Hunt.

 It's a Bank Holiday here in Ireland giving everyone a day off after Saint Patrick's Day. The weather forecast was not good but we s...