Wednesday 26 April 2023

Making A Recycled Patio.

 

Remember how we constructed a second hand Conservatory?  Well we decided to finish off by paving the patio.

I didn't want to spend any money being a tight wad smallholder.

So I decided to use the concrete slabs paths on the veg plot and in the garden.  We laid them in less than a day and it cost absolutely nothing.

Yesterday I dug topsoil and barrowed it and raked it out and I filled my garden roller (car boot purchase) with water and spread grass seed and my recently purchased seaweed and poultry manure pellets and slightly covered it with soil using the rake and rolled it in where the slabs once lived.

We found the small bag of grass seed in a drawer in a bureau We were clearing out to sell on a carboot sale.  I hope it germinates.

Not bad a new patio and a lawn repair for absolutely nothing. I didn't even lay them with sand an cement, just sand what I already had.  We also put the fence up. 

Anyone else been making patios for Nowt.



18 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks super! As a matter of fact, we picked up a dump truck full of brick for us, and another for my sister. Once the house is built, we will figure out how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby. Hopefully we will have a good Summer and we will spend a lot of time sitting on the patio having a drink and gazing at the sea.

      Delete
  2. And more growing space in the garden...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful. Good job. Now I hope the sun shines for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe even a few tinnies around the barbie Linda down here on the Irish Riviera? We could do with some of your Poros sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Dave! Hopefully, at some time in the future, you can jetwash those paving slabs. I am sure that they will come up lovely - as good as new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think Ryanair will jet wash the flags for us YP? I fly with them every year so it's the least they can do.

      Delete
    2. Ask that nice Mr O'Leary to come round. He'll do it for you. Tell him to remember his wellies.

      Delete
    3. I will make sure he wears the correct PPE.

      Delete
    4. I hope he doesn't have a PPE on your shasta daisies!

      Delete
    5. They would not be happy bunnies or even Daisies YP.

      Delete
  6. Absolutely (in answer to your question) - and what a good job you have made of that. We hope you get some summer time in which to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love recycling and repurposing stuff Tigger. I am hoping we get a decent Summer and we can sit out and enjoy the view.

      Delete
  7. Having now seen your lovely new pation I'm thinking perhaps I should have laid concrete slabs instead of planting the succulents. At least I'd then have an outdoor sitting area. On the other hand, I don't sit outdoors much and the succulents pretty much take care of themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your succulents sound wonderful River. You could always put a few slabs in between them and place a chair on them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's too many ants out there. Zillions of them right throughout the grounds here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awful creatures. They are not friendly one bit.

    ReplyDelete

Asleep In The Garlic.

 I was weeding and potting up plants in the polytunnel the other day and I noticed someone fast asleep lying in my garlic patch. Domino is 1...