Sunday 16 April 2023

Plant Selling At The Carboot Sale.

we went selling some of my homegrown perennials on Saturday. 
 
I was only charging 2 Euros a plant for them.  We made 76 Euros less 6 Euros for the pitch and we came home with half a car full. 

It started raining and we stopped off at a charity shop for a look round.  I spotted these 3 terriers tied to each with chains for 3 Euros.


The wife found two pairs of trainers for twelve Euros.  One pair was Jack and Jones.  They start at forty Euros in the shops.

We didn't deduct  the car fuel but it was not a bad day and we met a lot of people walking around the car boot pitches.

One seller who had decided to buy stuff instead of selling told us that he regularly sells at carboot sales and one day he could take a 1000 Euros another day he might make 40.

Swings and roundabouts.  

10 comments:

  1. I would be happy with a 76 euro profit.
    Will you be selling again soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was disappointing JayCee when I spend so much of my time propagating and tending to my plants. I will go again soon. People don't seem interested in perennials even for only two Euros. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a good day then :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was ok River. We wonour fortunes selling dirt cheap perennials. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..we won't make our fortunes selling dirt cheap perennials.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did okay at the car boot sale but you would probably do better if you dressed up as a priest and a nun with a big sign saying "FOR MISSIONARY WORK IN AFRICA".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think there's are a lot of people who are not mad about plants like me YP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pity you didn't sell them all but the good thing about plants is they keep longer than foodstuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. True Tigger. I have made hundreds of plants and it looks like I will still have hundreds of them. There's a lot of people who prefer grass, decking and concrete to herbaceous perhaps borders.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perennials not perhaps Autocorrect!

    ReplyDelete

Asleep In The Garlic.

 I was weeding and potting up plants in the polytunnel the other day and I noticed someone fast asleep lying in my garlic patch. Domino is 1...