Friday 14 April 2023

Perhaps Nato Came For Tayto?


 I was looking out of the Conservatory the other night around tea time and I noticed there was a frigate sailing down the bay to town.

I looked it up and it's a French NATO ship on the way back from Norway 🇳🇴  and she had been sheltering from the storm.  She's supposed to be fully armed and was pointed towards us.  "Yoikes Scooby".

I thought perhaps they are going to Bantry for porter and whiskey, briquettes, the Southern Star newspaper, Cidona and Tayto cheese and onion crisps or maybe a Doner Kebab?

Perhaps the Sun or Daily Mirror would give me a job with a blog title like mine?  I am not giving any official secrets away.  It's on the local news sites about the boat.

It's interesting what you see outside your kitchen window isn't it?



14 comments:

  1. We had a French warship anchored in our bay a week ago. I wonder if it was the same one? Probably looking for our three national dishes - Manx Queenies; herring & spuds; or chips, cheese and gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could well be the same warship JayCee. Did you speak to the crew and say "Aves vou un cuppa?". I can say pigeon French words like jam buttee and veetavix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not a French warship, it's a French whoreship. I used a super-zoom enlargement and I could see two "femmes de la nuit" vying for the captain's attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? They stayed over night YP. They have obviously heard of the Irish Riviera.

      Delete
    2. Why did you say "Really?" Do you think I made it up or something?

      Delete
    3. I was very surprised. I knew you wouldn't make it up.

      Delete
  4. Well, friend, I can assure you that I would never see THAT sight out my kitchen window!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you Debby from your kitchen window? Amish people and deer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. I see my driveway and a dump truck. I live in town.

      Delete
    2. I thought you lived in the countryside Debby.

      Delete
  6. I saw a submarine rising outside someone else's kitchen window once. It just crept up on us.

    ReplyDelete

Asleep In The Garlic.

 I was weeding and potting up plants in the polytunnel the other day and I noticed someone fast asleep lying in my garlic patch. Domino is 1...