Saturday 25 May 2024

A Non Alcoholic Solution And Escape To The Country Or Prog Rock Festival?

 I think I have found a cheap option to my lack of ale.  It's not non-alcoholic beer it's good old Ginger Ale.

79 Cents a bottle from you know where?


I am drinking a couple of bottles of it a night at the moment.  I think it's all the excitement watching Antiques Roadtrip and Escape To The Country?  

The programme makers still haven't took up my idea of Escape To The City.  

What about Escape To The Prog Rock Festivals? I would partake in that programme wouldn't I just?  

Kansas, Saga and Styx and Kansas would headline the Dunmanway Prog festival? Well I can dream can't I?

Did you watch Escape To The Country on Thursday night? 

They went to probably my favourite county (Dorset) in England.  None of that UK name  business which they keep saying on the news. 

The price of property is absolutely staggering.  It's like looking at Cheshire house prices.  You know that southern county up north?  You could almost buy a small farm in Ireland for what you would pay for such a " des res".  I jest not.

People pay over four hundred thousand pounds for an ex farm labourers abode.  

Outside it looks like a thatched chocolate box and inside it is what it is.  An interior built for function and not display and every light on because it's so dark with small windows and "cosy" is the euphemism word chosen for small.

The Australian lady kept calling the worktops: " benches." 

It was enough to make one drink.  Ginger Ale that is.  Not the real stuff!



16 comments:

  1. A bottle of good beer is probably more healthy than a ginger ale. However, everything in moderation. I like Bargain Brits Abroad on Channel 5, British people living and running businesses abroad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Channel 5 is very good Rachel. Yes I l8ke the Bargain Brits Abroad and Susan Calman in her motor home touring Britain.

      Delete
  2. I'm sad I drink water all the time, with a glass or two of red on a Saturday evening, never more than that. I don't watch daytime TV, I prefer the radio, but these days a certain smart speaker provides my music, without the insane mumblings of DJ's, who these days know nothing about music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drink a lot of iced water from our fridge freezer Marlene. We watch Really and HGTV a lot of the time.

      Delete
  3. Don't get too hyperactive after drinking all that sugar loaded ginger ale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know JayCee. I woke up with a pop hangover this morning. It's boring without a proper drink at night to unwind.

      Delete
  4. I also dislike the terms "UK" and "United Kingdom". When I was a lad we only used "England" and "Great Britain". I am not sure when folk started using "UK". I like the idea of "Escape To The City" and I would be happy to host it for you. The property prices would be within the achievable limits for ordinary Britons or UKers (Yukkers?).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave and YP TV? You could present the escape to the city and walking programmes and I would present allotments, smallholdings and Prog Rock festivals. "Ingerland'...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't drink alcohol at all but drink lots of tea while watching Antiques Roadtrip, Escape to the Country, or A Place in the Sun. (I suspect usually probably several seasons behind what happens to be running in the UK at the moment.) Periodically also Location, Location, Location - which to me seems to come close to Escape to the City. (?) All from the comfort of my rented flat in Sweden, and with no real desire to move anywhere at all... (Thanks for your recent visit to my blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Dawn for your comment. Escape To The City was an idea of mine on a previous post. There's good things to be said for living in both places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Freeway. The best brand in europe. We have a few 6 packs of zero cola from our last forage. Worktops? What's they? Of course thye're benches. Kitchen bench, workshop bench. Now what are those things outside that you sit on? Theyre benches too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Freeway are a good and cheap brand Linda. I have never heard worktops called benches before. In England they have an airing cupboard and in Ireland it's call an hot press.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I detest being called a "Brit". Anyway, it's curry for tea here tonight. I am about to get a bottle of Newcastle Brown out of the garage. Or perhaps I'll have a Wainwright, or a Butty Batch, or perhaps a Tribute, or a Whitstable or a Timothy Taylor's Landlord's Dark. What should I choose? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Theaktons Old Peculier perhaps Tasker? I'm on my fourth 0% Saint Etienne. Celebrating the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Companies FA Cup triumph at Wembley this afternoon. "Glory, glory, Man United. "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they are preferable to the other lot. I was just listing what's currently in stock. I chose Landlord Dark.

      Delete
  12. Timothy Taylor beer? Never heard of that one before. You have some good beer choices where you live Tasker.

    ReplyDelete

Lets Go Planting Leeks.

 Friday morning was very wet and I used the damp opportunity to transplant twelve leek plants that we had grown from seed and I left the oth...