Friday 10 May 2024

Constant Weeding And Planting.

 The dry weather is helping me make so much gardening work done around the gardens and drive and I am revamping a neglected area.

One such revamp and planting area is the side of the drive next to a field:


Near our beloved pets graves.  One plot marks the grave at the top of a Border Collie.  I named her Zeta after the beautiful Welsh actress Catherine Zeta Jones.  

Zeta came from a farm and she was so intelligent and even lay down at Pelican crossings and waited for it to beep before crossing.

The other  plant pot and dog ornament mark two graves of beloved Jack Russell terriers.  Great ratters and tripe hounds.

So I weeded and planted the garden with shrubs and perennials that I have propagated myself.

It's difficult gardening in the  countryside next to fields with seeds and weeds always blowing into the borders.  Like my dad use to say about allotments, they only take 3 months for the weeds to take over.

At least my labour is free and so are the plants in my own perennials plant nursery.  I will need to propagated some more.  No I don't I have hundreds of them.🙂

Are you getting on top of your garden with all this lovely Spring weather.  It begins raining again on Sunday sadly.  The plants do need the rain.

10 comments:

  1. More rain coming! Dig faster Dave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have to put on our Rainy Day waterproofs JayCee. Next week is very wet again.

      Delete
  2. Very slow progress here. Shifting soil that was in the deep beds to where they now are. Sowing a few seeds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it's been a bad start to the year with all the rain GZ. My potatoes flowers are starting to open in the polytunnel. I will put the sprinkler on them to form tubers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall be getting on top of my gardening duties by buggering off to Portugal for a week.
    P.S. Is a tripe hound one that sniffs out tripe at the butcher's and brings it home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The orange blossom is gorgeous in the Algarve YP. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our weeds have disappeared. Even though it's raining today they've all dried up and won't be back till autumn. But I'll be welcoming most of them because they're a lovely green colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep. You live in Greek paradise Linda. The only thing I would miss from here is Spring and eating our new potatoes 🥔.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Re your comment on going gently please tell me a few of your experiences”

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will write some ghost posts on here soon John.

    ReplyDelete

Bronte Goes To Muckross House Gardens.

Rhododendron Ponticum me thinks?   This is the one I think that was planted for game cover and its very attractive flowers and it originated...