Friday 3 May 2024

Perennials Planting Next To The Polytunnel.

 The weather must be slowly but surely drying up.  I am finally getting on top of my gardening tasks.  

Having a garden in the countryside next to the sea gives you a beautiful  vista to look at.  

Only last night we watched a massive cruise ship sail up the bay from our conservatory window.  Who else has a view like that?

Outside of the polytunnel it's  been very wet and muddy and I finally managed to plant it up for free:

Not an amazing photograph but the plants cost me nothing just my work propagating them, nurturing, watering and weeding and potting on. 

 I have hundreds of them perhaps I should have a 🪴  plants sale?  I get tired of loading up the jalopy and going to a carboot sale and coming home with more than half of them.  Such is life.🙂






9 comments:

  1. How much is it for a pitch at Bantry Market? According to my sources (i.e. Google) Bantry Market is held every Friday. Maybe you have tried there before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi YP. You have to be registered with the locakcouncil and pay for your pitch and weekly insurance and pps number. So the tax can invoice you. Not back to he days when the hippies sold stuff and paid no pitch fee or paper trace. There are carboots advertised on Collect Ireland but the nearest one is in the Cork area this week. If you go legit you have to charge accordingly. I like to sell cheap plants starting at a Euro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the first of our Polytunnel Holidays cruises. Most of the holidaymakers are delighted with the long lens shots, although some thought that they were spoiled by the inebriated couple in the conservatory window swigging Newcastle Brown straight from the bottle necks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rishi throw in the towel. The Tories got absolutely hammered. Well done Labour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're having a bit of dry weather and you can work outside on the Irish Riviera

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Linda. I am busy gardening for myself. I'm plant mad and the gardens are evolving all the time. May is my favourite month of the year with lots of flowers and not too hot to work outside. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would take some of those plants off your hands, Dave . We have a large bare patch of mud to fill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would give them you if you sailed over JayCee.

    ReplyDelete

Lets Go Planting Leeks.

 Friday morning was very wet and I used the damp opportunity to transplant twelve leek plants that we had grown from seed and I left the oth...