Monday 27 May 2024

"New To Me" Hiking Jacket.

 

I never showed you my " new to me" hiking jacket did I?

I have a similar one with a famous hiking brand name.  It cost about 65 Euros in the sale.

It's  been in my possession about six years.  But unfortunately one of the zip pockets doesn't function properly and it's  starting to look a bit shabby.

Like a lot of men.  I will not be throwing it away.  Instead it will be a light gardening jacket and a reserve walking jacket when my "new" one is wet after getting Saturday  just for a change.

I bought my "new" jacket from a charity shop for five Euros!  I know but you have to be extravagant sometimes.

I like supporting charity shops and they help me clothing me very cheaply.

Do you buy clothes from charity shops for hiking and your holidays?  

12 comments:

  1. I don't buy clothes from charity shops, but I do get loads of other things, mainly toys for the grandchildren and pretty kitchen pots to use for my plants. We do take loads to be sold, all our clothes we put in the Salvation Army bins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Salvation Army people are lovely people Marlene and help so many people especially the homeless.

      Delete
  2. I certainly do. A lot of my "new" clothes since retirement have come from the local charity shop. Most have been unworn, still with the labels attached.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on you JayCee. There's always bargains to be had.

      Delete
  3. Some carefully applied WD40 may get your old pocket zip working again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks YP. W D 40 has many uses.

      Delete
    2. You can use it as a massage oil. Ask Jean to do the honours tonight.

      Delete
    3. What when Antiques Roadtrip is on the box?

      Delete
  4. I sure do. I call it 'recycling'. If I don't, people call me a tightwad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recycling is a brilliant description for buying from charity shops Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Shoplifters of the world unite". The Smiths. It's not a bad idea Tasker. Use what you have.

    ReplyDelete

Lets Go Planting Leeks.

 Friday morning was very wet and I used the damp opportunity to transplant twelve leek plants that we had grown from seed and I left the oth...