Tuesday 2 January 2024

Found It.


 That's the Platinum April Wine record I told you about the other day.

It's their classic "Nature Of The Beast' album. Presented to Trident Studios (London) for sales of 100000 records by the Canadian Records Association.

How did you come by it Dave?  Several years ago I was talking to a sales rep in our house and we both started naming off the rock bands we had seen or wanted to see.  

I mentioned that I liked April Wine and the man's face lit up and he said he had a platinum record of theirs in his garage and I could have it for free if I wanted because he didn't know anyone who liked them.  Sure enough he called back two weeks later with the record.

I have seen similar framed records for sale on the Tweb and Tinternet for 300 Dollars and more.

Here's my favourite track off this album.  It's a Rock classic.  Get out your air 🎸.   



10 comments:

  1. Weren't you the lucky one! What were the chances of meeting another fan, and one with such a great memento to pass on to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very lucky JayCee. For once boring Dave's rock anecdotes were rewarded. It was very kind of the man.

      Delete
  2. How splendid that by chance you acquired that framed platinum disc! Frankly, I am surprised that it was hidden away and not proudly nailed up above your fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had some alterations done recently and the pictures were put away somewhere safe and I found the disc in my bedroom today YP. I have hung it up on a nail and it's something that I treasure. It was rather splendid to be given such a Rock trophy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story that is - amazing that someone had something like that to pass on. You can bathe in its reflected glow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you like my April Wine record story TM. I wish I had got to see them like the time I finally got to see Kansas when I was in my fifties. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you to get that prized disc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was lucky to get it Linda. Yet I was the only one who seemed to want the record. Nobody had heard of the band. Rory Gallagher and Thin Lizzy seem to have been the biggest Rockers here in Ireland. I saw Thin Lizzy in 1981.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a treasure to have for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is River. I won't be getting rid of it.

    ReplyDelete

What's Growing Outside In The Veg Plot.

 I said the other day I would take some shots of what's growing outside in the veg plot at the moment. Bim potatoes.  I thought the tube...