Tuesday 30 January 2024

Bacon Barter.

 Bacon barter sounds like a German town.  

"I've just been to Bacon Barter."

  "Yah I once vent to a rock festival there.  I saw The Scorpions and drank large glasses of Dunkels and ate Bratwurst and it voz good!"

Home cured 🥓 hams.

A chef who bought a pig 🐖 off us last year recently agreed to cure some joints of pork for us in return for some of our joints of pork.

Number one son collected the bacon on Sunday sealed in vacuum packs.

We bought an electric meat slicer from Lidl last year and it made brilliant work slicing the ham:

It tastes like the best ham I have ever tasted.  I love home cured meat and I love barter.

Do you believe in barter?


12 comments:

  1. Boy am I envious of that home cured bacon!! It's the perfect food for a meat based diet, along with a glass of.....just about anything

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Linda. Lidl and Aldi sell Italian cured Italian ham. It's not bad at all. I would give you some of ours if you lived nearer to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh mmmm that looks good. I used to love the smell of smoke when the bacon came back from the butchers shop (our butchers cured and smoked them for us - for a fee I guess). Yours look sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful Tigger's Mum. We always pay our local butcher to slaughter and cure our pork. But the man offered to make some bacon joints for us and it's amazing. He also gave us some of his brewed wine. It's gorgeous. Better than any supermarket bought wine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing JayCee. Better than anything you buy in the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe in Barter - the god of dead pigs! Your butcher sounds like a good man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't beat natural ingredients YP. It's like digging up your home grown fruit or vegetables or eating a fresh egg. You can't buy freshness or home cured meat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing finer than a good barter! Our last one involved swapping a tractor to get another tractor home. Saved us $1500.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Didn't you do well with that barter deal Debby? I one weeded and renovated a garden for a week in exchange for a car.

      Delete
  9. I believe in barter though there's not much opportunity for it here in the city. I do love smoked hams and bacon, though not too often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I gave a days work for a chest freezer once River. I love hams and bacon and beef and steak.

    ReplyDelete

What's Growing Outside In The Veg Plot.

 I said the other day I would take some shots of what's growing outside in the veg plot at the moment. Bim potatoes.  I thought the tube...