Monday 1 January 2024

Rock And Roll The Vicious Game.

 For many a year I have dreamed of flying to Canada and seeing April Wine and visiting Toronto where Rush were founded.

April Wine are one of those enigmatic bands like Saga (Canadian) and Styx (American) bands that I have always wanted to see play live but probably never will.

Somewhere in the loft I have a framed platinum album of April Wine for their record number of hits in Canada that was recorded at a London recording studio. 

Anyway or any road I read that Myles Goodwyn had retired from the band last March.  

This morning I received a email from my friend and fellow Rock band follower informing me that Myles had recently passed away age 75.

This makes me sad and I am going to be playing a lot of April Wine music today.  Here's one of my favourites with such poignant lyrics:



6 comments:

  1. Rock and roll is indeed a vicious game if a roadie drops an amplifier on your foot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I play my air guitar when I am watching rock videos. No groupies either to mither me.๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No groupies because you took down the sign - "Groupies Required. Apply Within"

      Delete
    2. I can imagine that groupies would be quite a problem for you. Dave.

      Delete
  3. Good idea YP. Oh to be a rock n roll ๐ŸŒŸ ๐Ÿคฉ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes JayCee would be difficult keeping those lasses in fine clothes and perfume. I don't think a box of After Eights chocolates would suffice or even a sack of Mars bars?

    ReplyDelete

What's Growing Outside In The Veg Plot.

 I said the other day I would take some shots of what's growing outside in the veg plot at the moment. Bim potatoes.  I thought the tube...