Tuesday 23 January 2024

Little Goth.

It's up to letter J already in the storm alphabet and no doubt there's more to come?

Jocelyn is the chosen name for the storm today.  Apparently it's roots are French/ German and means " Little Goth".

Goth to me means great Gothic English / Irish singers like Julianne Reagan.  She's English/Irish like yours truly. 

Julianne was lead singer of All About Eve and I saw them twice in 1989.  Once at Manchester Apollo and at Glastonbury festival.  The festival ticket was 28 Pounds.  It's in the hundreds of Pounds these days and sells out in about five minutes.

Any way and any road.  Thanks to good old YouTube I often spend my time on stormy days like today looking up old festivals I attended.

If you listen to beginning of the "In The Clouds" you can hear some lads shouting: "In The Clouds". I'm sure it's  me and friends shouting out our song request.



Do you surf the internet for old concerts you attended?




8 comments:

  1. Mostly, at the concerts and festivals I attended, nobody had camera equipment but I will give it a go later on today. Oh, I just forgot, we didn't even have electricity back then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of campsites don't have electricity or running water YP. I'm not talking about Running Water the red Indian either. The first Glastonbury musicfestival admission price was one Pound and they gave you a free pint of milk. How ticket prices have changed. Every time I go to a concert or festival these days people are filming the gigs. It used to be people making boot leg tapes and records.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we went to the Jools Holland concert in The Albert Hall, below me there was a sea of illuminated smartphone screens. All that wasted electricity! Appalling.

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure YP. Especially when people put their video on You Tube for people to view where ever they are. So many concerts I have seen are blurry memories and I wish there was videos for me to relive that special concert. Kansas is one concert I would love to revisit again. Ten years since I saw them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the storm alphabet begin in January each year? And it's up to J already? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Storm alphabet season begins in September River. Kathleen is the next name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've had more than your share of storms this winter. Thank goodness for Youtube

    ReplyDelete
  7. True Linda. We had hardly any last winter. The Internet and good old YouTube certainly help and the electricity keeps working.

    ReplyDelete

Dividing Phormiums And Giving Them A Haircut.

Rather like vegetables. So many of our garden plants come from overseas.  I often spend time on Google looking up the etymology of our plant...