Saturday 2 March 2024

A Talcum Powder Sprinkling Of Snow.



 This is a scene I could see from outside my polytunnel and from our kitchen window yesterday (Friday) morning:

Sugarloaf in the Caha mountain range over on Beara peninsula.  I was going to take a photo of Hungry Hill but that was shrouded in Irish mist or mizzle.

There are 450 mountains and mountain ranges in the world called Sugarloaf.  There are at least four in Ireland.

One day this Summer I'm going to get dropped off over on Beara  at Adrigole or Glengarriff and walk up to the summit and look at the panoramic view and see parts of Kerry and West Cork and even where we live hopefully?

A Neil Young song began playing in my mental jukebox when I composed this post.  Enjoy:



16 comments:

  1. There are too many Sugar Loaf Mountains. They should change the name of the one on The Beara Peninsula to Mount Dave... or better still Mount Kylie Minogue! Thanks for sharing that lesser known Neil Young track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mount Northsider would be a good name for a mountain named after my blog YP. I have known Sugar Mountain by Mr Young since I was a teenager and it often plays in my head. Who needs Spotify when you have got your own mental jukebox? I got the term mental jukebox from the excellent book Ghost Rider by Neil Peart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard this track from Neil Young, I enjoyed it, thank you for sharing, Marlene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed the track Marlene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not bad JayCee.😊 The funniest real name for a mountain is: Jester Overlook in America.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brrrrrrr! I hope you wrapped your little plants up well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sugarloaf is about 2000 feet high TM. No signs of seed germination in 'Portugal" my polytunnel yet. I hope I haven't sown too early? My peas should come through and they do not mind the cold.

      Delete
  7. "Mount Stairs!" is what wives say to their husbands in Yorkshire when feeling frisky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What happened when Moses went to Mount Olive? Popeye punched him! That's an old one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be an old one but I never heard it before. It's usually that big bastard Bluto who punches Popeye.

      Delete
  9. Please don't encourage me YP. What's Popeye's favourite Led Zeppelin song? Olive My Love (Whole Lotta Love).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Come Olive" by Paris Hilton, "I'm About to Come Olive" by David Nail.

      Delete
  10. How do you know Popeye was a good photographer? Popeye the SLDR man. You will understand that one YP?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got the joke but I did not know the abbreviations.

    ReplyDelete

More Charity Shop Treasure Finds.

My brother gave us two pictures  he found and bought in a charity shop recently. The picture above is a Pears soap Victorian lady sat  on a ...