Sunday 17 March 2024

Artichokes Barter.

 "I'm going to see that Prog band Artichokes Barter this weekend".  

" Oh I saw them on their first tour supporting Steve Hillage at Stonehenge free festival".

No not really.  We got in contact with someone who had some Jerusalem Artichokes and they said they would give me some tubers in exchange for a big bag of well rotten fym.  I also gave them a small bag of seed potatoes and a Buddleia and a geranium.  

Every one was happy with our barter.  


They lived in a nice  housing estate and told me they had got tired of mowing their lawns and had replaced the grass with raised vegetable beds full of vegetables.

It was like Tom and Barbara Good had moved from Surbiton to Ireland 🇮🇪. 

Have you done any vegetable  barters recently?

 



12 comments:

  1. I do like a good barter, most of my excess goes to my lovely hairdresser, they moved house last year to a very bare garden. Marlene, Poppypatchwork

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hair dresser garden barter Marlene. I once weeded and recovered the borders of a big garden and the owner gave us a second hand car in return for the work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim did some work on my car. Never mind what I swapped him for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh.. nothing better than a bag of well rotted fym!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No barters recently but we do a lot of that around here. Lemons for fish, washing machine repairs for eggs, cake for olives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the Meithal in rural Ireland Linda. When you would help your neighbours haymaking or digging up a crop. No money would be exchanged. That's when people stopped and talked and communities existed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't barter, I just give stuff if I have any to give.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good on you River. I like the barter alternative currency.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since you were expelled, you may have forgotten this but here in England we use money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since Brexit only cash and barter currency accepted over here YP.

    ReplyDelete

More Charity Shop Treasure Finds.

My brother gave us two pictures  he found and bought in a charity shop recently. The picture above is a Pears soap Victorian lady sat  on a ...