Saturday 7 May 2022

An Abba Song That I Missed.

 I was looking at music videos on good old You Tube the other day and I found the ABBA video "So Long".

Some how it's passed me by by or I am getting forgetful but I honestly do not remember the track.  Do you?

ABBA were and amazing Swedish band.  Blessed with two gorgeous female singers and dancers and two very talented and gifted songwriters and musicians.  

Some people label their music genre 'Swedish Pop'.  I think 'So Long' is Rock.

Any road with out further ado.  I give you 'So Long'':

They the girls show they are dancing queens.  Especially  Friendly.  She is hot and so is Agnetha.  Their dance sequence at the end of the song is mesmerizing.   It's  a bit of a slow start but give it a bit of time and it soon gets going.

That song/video was made 47 years ago.  It's amazing.  


15 comments:

  1. I would never have put you down as an ABBA fan! Was it the songs you liked or was it the lusting after two Swedish women at the same time Dave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. An ABBA video is better than buying some flatpack from IKEA and effing and jeffing trying to assemble the thing YP. They were/are a great band and like Prog Rock they have many musical genre influences. Weren't the girls absolutely gorgeous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do remember that one from Top Of The Pops I think.
    47 years ago???? Crikey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember it JayCee but now I have watched and played it this week so many times I feel like I do. I definitely think music was much better then than now. Take Elvis for ex pample or Blondie. They were brilliant! We will have to organise a seventies and eighties night or festival.

    ReplyDelete
  5. example? Must me the pint of Fursty Ferret.🎸

    ReplyDelete
  6. I blame the German garden centre and food and beer providers and retailers of cheap reading glasses. Ex Pampers perhaps? I feel so stupid when I have hit the wrong key.

    How do you know when there is a folk singer at your front door? They can never find the right key and don't know when to come in!😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't remember this one either and I was a huge Abba fan, at times
    (Also BJH, King Crimson, Strawbs, Genesis etc etc very eclectic and then stops in the mid 80s )
    This track sounds like Tiger Feet X Remember You're a Womble :S

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have got some good music taste No Roots. Barclay James Harvest and the Beatles have got to be two of the best bands to come from Lancashire. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. F just went all quiet thinking about 47 years! Really? Surely it was only a decade or so ago......

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am afraid not Tigger. You know you are getting old when your Rock and Pop idols are getting old. At least we can still watch their videos and play their music.

    ReplyDelete

Grass Cutting Smallholding Chores.

 The weather is improving and yesterday I gave my petrol hedge trimmer it's first work out of the year. That's a photo of yours trul...