Tuesday 31 May 2022

Rural Statues In Ennis.


 We got to Limerick far too early on Saturday afternoon (I was ready to go at ten)  so we decided to have a drive past Bunratty Castle in County Clare and ended up stopping in Ennis

Any road or any way please click on to yonder photograph and peruse at the rural statues.  There's some old farmers, a moo cow and a faithful sheep dog.

The statues are reflecting Rural Society where buyer and seller seal the sale of a cow with an handshake.

I must do some research and Google who made these statues that champion rural folk and their livestock.  It's good to see ordinary people being championed.




6 comments:

  1. Perhaps when you die they will make a statue of you right at the end of The Sheep's Head Peninsula. You'll be carrying a bucket of dandelions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe YP. I think I would rather have a statue in the Algarve drinking a pint of Super Bock or any kind of Cervaga.

      Delete
  2. It's lovely to see these statues in plain sight for all to enjoy. A very pleasant depiction of your rural life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Linda. I would rather see statues of farmers than politicians or royalty even.

      Delete
  3. What a great sculpture. Just look at those faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great characters JayCee. No doubt characitures of real people. Glad you like them.

      Delete

Grass Cutting Smallholding Chores.

 The weather is improving and yesterday I gave my petrol hedge trimmer it's first work out of the year. That's a photo of yours trul...