Sunday 15 May 2022

Shoat Treasure Hunters.


 Number one son bought me a gardening trowel a few years ago and I some how mislaid it and thought I would never find it ever again.  

It was made by Gardena and quite expensive.  Not one of those cheap ones that bend and snap when you hit a stone. 

Like most things you lose they usually turn up again some time. I once lost wire cutters down a field and found them encrusted in rust five years later.  A spray of WD40 and they worked perfect again.

Any road or any way.  I went over the feed our pigs the other day and noticed my blue trowel had been rooted up and lay there waiting for me.

I have been planting some Parsnip plugs with the trowel today where the rogue potatoes grew.  It's a bit rusty and encrusted but perfectly functional.  What clever pigs to find a tool for a fellow digger.


 



10 comments:

  1. Is that how we managed to find teaspoons in the compost heap when we took over our allotment? Ie tools migrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps the tools need a rest so they hibernate Tigger?

      Delete
  2. Amazing the way things turn up sooner or later in the most unusual places. I have mislaid a special scrub brush I use to clean carpets. They're all being cleaned and stored for summer. I've given up looking. It'll turn up. Meantime, I might have to buy another.
    Clever pigs. I hope they got a special buckets of scraps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Linda I am great believer that things always turn up in the end. They get ration, bread and vegetables and the contents of any jars in the kitchen cupboards.

      Delete
  3. Dogs...cats...goats...sons...donkeys...a wife... pigs. Sounds like you are turning into Doctor effing Dolittle! What next? A frigging giraffe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could call the giraffe Lanky after the Lancashire Cricket Club official mascot. We bought some hen chicks last week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmmm... Yes there are some cockerel chicks. They probably support Tottenham?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pigs obviously weren't interested in eating your trowel although I am told they'll eat almost anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They love rooting with their noses and trotters. We give them a mixed diet including pig ration but no meat. They even eat the lawnmower clippings. We will have a great new veg plot next year. Unless I get another polytunnel JayCee. Hmmm...🐖🤔

    ReplyDelete

Growing Parsnips In Big Plant Pots

  I watched a different YouTube video about growing  parsnips the other day.   I cut off the bottoms of some small plastic plant pots and  p...