Thursday 11 May 2023

Early Potatoes Nearly Ready.

 

Remember the potatoes we planted in the carboot sale bought bags?  

Well I finally emptied 'Portugal' 🇵🇹 my polytunnel pal and removed the ripped and torn plastic cover and placed the spudatoes outside in ye olde veg plot.  I think my new polytunnel will be called 'Algarve'.

The potatoes have been enjoying the showery downpours and flowers are forming on the potato 🥔 haulm.  Soon very soon we will be scoffing our own homegrown new potatoes.

Are your potatoes Nearly ready to lift and scoff?

8 comments:

  1. Haven't even got them in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's still time for sowing and planting neeps and tatties GZ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours are growing well in their black sacks but not ready for lifting and scoffing just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please post some photos of them JayCee. It's a great way to grow new potatoes even if you don't have a garden or allotment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will not be eating our own new potatoes this year. I envy you that delight. There's nowt like homegrown new potatoes with a knob of butter. I like them with fried slices of "Spam" and garden peas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Spam, lovely Spam" and new potatoes and garden peas sound wonderful.

      Delete
  6. Mine are nowhere near ready and not likely to be with the possums treating my patch as their very own buffet each night. The tomato seedlings disappeared last week and the one potato is all that is left. After that I am giving up, it isn't likely now that I will ever have a house with a proper yard and NO possums!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cabbage whites and slugs are our possums River.

    ReplyDelete

Nets And Net Curtains To Keep The Birds 🐦 Off My Vegetables.

 The pests of the air had a good aerial attack of some of my brassicas in my plastic raised beds on Friday. So it was all hands on deck and ...