Tuesday 2 May 2023

Meet Our Four Legged Lawnmowers.





 I forgot to tell my blog friends that Star had a Stallion foal a few weeks ago.

We had squeezed her teats in the field and she was springing milk so we took up to a stable and left her for the night with some hay in the hay net and a bucket of water.

I got up early next morning and there was Ace stood at the side of his mum Star with an expression that could of been: Wot u looking at?"

He never leaves his mother and now him and the rabbits are enjoying the Spring weather and lush lawn grass 

I have  heard of a Suffolk  Punch horse and I have used a Suffolk Punch cylinder lawnmower but now we have ponies and rabbits to do the job.

It saves me a job getting the petrol lawnmower out.

"It's a lot less bovver with rabbits and ponies!'


A better photo of Ace and Star his mother.

15 comments:

  1. Ooh.. more new babies. How lovely to see Star and her foal there beside the rabbits. A real Spring scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pleased you like them JayCee. There will be more animals born soon. Spring is a wonderful time for new life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do we get a close up of the 'cute' foal? Mr T is pleased that his humans still use a lecky mower - he is not so sure about the equine type (although the rabbity ones might be tasty ...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a lot of robot mowers these days Tigger. There's lots of noise pollution from garden machinery like lawnmowers, hedge trimmers and strimmers. I'm letting my hedges look tatty and overgrown at the moment. Bird nesting season. Will take a photo of Ace for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to have a new foal at your place, I look forward to more photos of Ace. I like your lawn mower bunnies and ponies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terra. They are keeping the grass down without using fossil fuels. I will post some more mother and foal photos soon.

      Delete
  6. May I request that you name the new foal either Gordon or Lightfoot after the great Canadian singer songwriter who died today?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lightfoot would have been a good name for the stallion foal YP. There must be some great Rock festivals in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not just a lawnmower....fertiliser producer too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have no shortage of that GZ.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So just how many critters live at your house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno Debby. Over twenty. I must count them.

      Delete
  11. How nice to have another newborn. You're looking after the livestock well. Must be a full time job by now

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your lawnmowers! Cutest lawnmowers I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't need petrol just grass and water River.

      Delete

Nets And Net Curtains To Keep The Birds 🐦 Off My Vegetables.

 The pests of the air had a good aerial attack of some of my brassicas in my plastic raised beds on Friday. So it was all hands on deck and ...