Saturday 27 May 2023

Milk Churns With A Rusty Patina In The Front Room.

 

Welcome back to the Tate Modern West Cork Art Display entitled: "Milk Turns To Rust".

Today's composition of two rusty old steel/iron milk churns.  They are very heavy.  I hate to think what they would weigh if they were filled with milk.

I have an old aluminium/steel milk churn and it is very light to lift when empty.

Like old corrugated roofing  iron sheets.  I love the churns rusty patina.

What do you think?  Some nice flowering perennials in plant pots placed in the top of the milk churns?

Would you give them house room?  I think they are rather nice!

I will make them more attractive on another post.  

5 comments:

  1. I like them Dave. If they were mine and they were staying inside the house, I might put dried grasses or reeds or pieces of driftwood from the beach in them. Does Jean like them too? They would also look good outside - strategically placed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ideas YP. Rusty patina especially on farm related items really appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like them outside I think, possibly with a bay tree or something similar growing in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them. I've seen similar items at the local farmer's market which is only held once a month here, but they charge an arm and a leg for their stuff so I've never bought any.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I see similar one's for sale for over 80 Euros. Antique shops would charge more.

    ReplyDelete

Seconds Out. Round Two.

 I beat the cats 4 2 last night.  But something had been digging in 2 of the parsnips and carrots 🥕 barrels. Thanks for you comments and ad...