Monday 22 May 2023

Only Smallholding Foals And Ponies.

 We were changing the ponies to the next field and J and myself waited whilst two of them brought them up the road from the field.

"I can see another set of legs walking up the road."

Sure enough there was a very proud Erin walking beside her new foal.  Erin is the poetic named for Ireland apparently.


Erin and Del Boy.

He's male and adorable like Stars recent foal Ace.

That evening we deliberated on a name for him.  We thought of famous tv horses like Trigger and one of us said Del Boy.  We unanimously agreed and Del Boy it is.  

Well he is a trotter after all!



16 comments:

  1. May you long enjoy the company of Del Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could do with some Mares Linda. He is a beauty though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely mare and foal; I love horses and have never owned one. They are poetry in motion to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Terra they are great four legged friends.

      Delete
  4. Alpacas are a fairly common sight in rural England these days. Why don't you get a pair?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I bought two of them Venice Gondolas I could breed them YP. One of the donkeys had a mare donkey foal tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could breed the alpacas with the donkeys and create a new breed - the alponkey!

      Delete
    2. What about the three legged donkey: the wonky?

      Delete
  6. He is adorable and what a lovely surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had another surprise last night River. A donkey foal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Perfick" like Pa Larkin would say in The Darling Buds Of May GZ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So does Pirate...also from East Kent

      Delete
  9. Lovely county. I was there last August GZ. One of my favourite parts of England along with the West country.

    ReplyDelete

Nets And Net Curtains To Keep The Birds 🐦 Off My Vegetables.

 The pests of the air had a good aerial attack of some of my brassicas in my plastic raised beds on Friday. So it was all hands on deck and ...