Sunday 21 May 2023

Recycling Pig Slats For Paving And Old Decking For Raised Beds.


 More busy bee work in our brand new polytunnel.  I carried old concrete pig slats on my sack and laid them on plastic sheeting to hopefully prevent went growing through the slats.

Then I laboured on myself and carried old boards into the polytunnel from where I had been using them for part of my plants nursery for a few years.  They originally were decking in my brothers garden for several years.

I made these two raised beds for absolutely nothing financially.  Just a few nails and stakes and a piece of scaffolding tubing I found lying around the smallholding.

I am now filling them with seaweed and topsoil and I planted up the digger track planters  and other raised beds with leeks and beetroot and peas at 7.30 this morning.

I wonder is there a condition called polytunnelitis?  I think I have got it!

10 comments:

  1. It doesn't sound life threatening Dave - who knows it might even be the elixir of a longer life. Xxx Mr T and F

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Tigger. If anything it's made me very happy. Perhaps we should all make plants and not war?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that Algarve is still inspiring you to work really hard on your smallholding Mr northsider. I feel that a few crates of ale are required to keep your strength up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is JayCee. I could sup like a fish at the moment. It's Scorchio in the polytunnel today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good progress..I have polytunnel size envy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You live in a nice place not far from great mat whisky distilleries like Dalwhinnie. Any size polytunnel is worth having GZ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It certainly sounds as if you have polytunnelitis to me. I'm looking forward to watching your gardens grow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm... 🤔 I think you could be right River. I even have it on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that you are in fact suffering from a known medical condition called polytunnelphilia in which mature men become obsessed with their polytunnels. They talk to them like secret lovers and in the end refuse to leave them. At that point an unmarked van will arrive with two men in white coats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no. Not the yellow van with triangle wheels YP?

    ReplyDelete

Nets And Net Curtains To Keep The Birds 🐦 Off My Vegetables.

 The pests of the air had a good aerial attack of some of my brassicas in my plastic raised beds on Friday. So it was all hands on deck and ...