Saturday 13 April 2024

Is There A Repair Shop Programme For Dog Makeovers?

All this talk about sunshine in Blighty and it never stops raining here in the Irish Riviera of West Cork.  Apparently it's  supposed to brighten up next week.  Time will tell.

I donned my 'Rainy Day" suit or waterproof trousers and my anorak ("I'm a perennials and organic veggies anorak") and spent most of Friday filling raised beds, watering and tidying up overgrown  shrubs with my loppers.  Living on the Gulf Stream and with all the rain, shrubs never seems to stop growing or so it seems anyway.

Meanwhile back at the ranch (Bonanza?). Our four legged canine friends had decided to have a couch makeover whilst I toiled I the garden.  

Look what our doggy pals made:

Canine art?   "Yes I can relate to that".   It's part of their "destructive" period."  

We have had it only a couple of months and it was a beauty. We bought it new ( " new to us" or second hand) online.  I think it was on Done Deal? Which is a buy and sell online marketing place in Ireland.  Remember  "Loot' the classifieds newspaper for a Pound in England? 

There's a  BBC English programme on Free View called "The Repair  Shop' that I have to endure every so often.  Yorkshire Pudding isn't  a fan of the the programme either. 

They repair damaged everyday  sentimental items for people.  It does my head in or should I said I find it very boring.  I like Suzie the leathersmith though.  I discovered recently there's  The Repair Shop Australia 🇦🇺  now.   Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.  

Do you think they could repair our couch that the dogs made a few alterations for us?
 


We are not the only ones with dog chewing problems.

14 comments:

  1. Ooh.. they really went to town on that! Buy a big wool blanket and throw it over the damage to hide it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a throw over is the most practical and cheapest solution JayCee. Maybe RTE will have The Irish Repair Shop series? I hope not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would love a new fabric sofa, but our cat Grace loves to attack the sides, so until she is not around the dogs stays and we wait. She does not touch our leather chairs, Marlene, Poppypatchwork

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marlene. We also have cats that come into the house and scratch the doors and architraves. I Googled cider vinegar to spray on furniture to prevent dogs and cats chewing them. We made up a 5 to 1 spray and sprayed the couch bit that had been chewed but it doesn't seem to be working. If it gets warmer I might put the dogs in a outhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh! They sure did a number on that!!!! I would weep. I would also be crate training (or isolating). They don't know enough to be left unsupervised. I am sure that the couch arm could be reupholstered although it might be cheaper just to go out and buy another 'new to you' sofa. Lucky that puppies are cute...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anoymous or probably Debby? Yes very annoying. They soon get bored especially the ones that are not fully grown yet. Fortunately they have not damaged anything sentimental yet. Like you say we can always buy a "new to us" sofa. I would never buy new with an house full of pets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should consider re-upholstering your sofa with the hide of a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I told them that " this is not Cricket". They are a shower and we are very disappointed in our four legged friends YP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr T used to get threatened with being made into a Davy Crocket hat but it didn't seem to deter his passion for remodelling furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with repairing, or covering, the damage. Just keep them away so they don't do any more

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dog vandals are a nuisance Linda. Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boy they really ruined that sofa! They need re-training quick smart. Lesson one: do not leave them inside on their own. Lesson two: a spray bottle of water must always be handy to (gently) spray their faces should they go anywhere near the furniture, this works too for cats who want to scratch where they shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good tip River. I never thought of spraying them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

More Carboot Plant Selling And I Bought Two Plants.

  Some of my shrubs and perennials and bric-a-brac and tomato plants and we also took books and pictures and two double glazed windows which...